This policy addresses the Evangelical Free Church of America’s ("EFCA") practices with respect to violation of copyright rights and requests for the removal of content from an EFCA website.
This Copyright Policy applies to the following websites operated by The Evangelical Free Church of America: efca.org, reachglobalcrisisresponse.wordpress.com, and globalfingerprints.wordpress.com (collectively, the “Websites”).
If you are requesting removal of content from one of the Websites because of a violation of your copyright rights, please note that the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law, the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office website (www.copyright.gov).
If you believe that your own work, or the work of a third party for whom you are authorized to act has been copied or made available on one of our Websites in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please submit a notice of the alleged infringement to our DMCA Agent that includes all of the following information (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) and § 512(d) for further detail):
- an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed (including representative copies of the copyrighted work or valid links to the copyrighted work on the internet), or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- identification of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our website (including the URL, title, and/or other identifying characteristics reasonably sufficient to permit location of the material);
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, and, if you are not the owner of the copyright, the name of the owner;
- a written statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement made under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please provide all of the information requested in a written communication sent to our designated agent at the address below. Note that you could be liable for damages (including costs and attorney’s fees) if you materially misrepresent that material is infringing your copyright(s). Accordingly, if you are not sure if you are the proper copyright holder or if copyright laws protect the material, we suggest that you contact a lawyer before submitting a takedown notification. A copy of your infringement notice, including any contact information provided, may be provided to the person that posted the content being reported.
Our copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Director of Communications
The Evangelical Free Church of America
901 East 78th Street
Bloomington, Minnesota 55420
Phone: (952) 854-1300
Any notification that fails to comply with requirements set forth above will not be considered sufficient notice and will not be deemed to confer upon us actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident.
Policy was last updated March 19, 2018