This credential is designed for those involved in a qualifying ministry and who desire to be aligned with and accountable to the EFCA. The requirement is that the candidate has the appropriate theological understanding of the Statement of Faith and alignment with the EFCA. Being approved for a license grants the candidate all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of an EFCA credential.
A ministry license will be issued for five years and, thereafter, is renewable (five-year renewable). One is not required to pursue the Certificate of Christian Ministry or the Certificate of Ordination but can renew the ministry license every five years, in conjunction with the five-year reaffirmation of the Statement of Faith.
The ministry license is required before being granted a Certificate of Christian Ministry or the Certificate of Ordination, which can be pursued within the third year of obtaining the license, or anytime thereafter.
Required Documents for Ministry License (Vocational)
(PDF copies to print and mail to your district)
- License Application
- Letter from candidate indicating his/her desire to be licensed by the EFCA
- Completed Policy on Spiritual Character Qualification Forms-PSCQ
- Written paper
- Minutes from licensing council
- Recommendation from the district board or credentialing council
- EFCA Minister’s Profile
- Completion of EFCA Required Reading or completion of TEDS History, Theology and Polity course