Local Church Crisis Preparedness
In the last several years we have seen the devastating effects of crisis in the communities we live in. Hurricanes, tornadoes, acts of violence and fires are just a few of these events. When communities are in crisis, one of the first places people look for assistance is the local church. There are many things the church can do to prepare to serve effectively following a crisis. The EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response has resources and training available to aid churches in crisis preparedness for their church building, the local body of Christ and to serve the community. This preparedness training not only encompasses the physical aspect of the crisis but also the spiritual and emotional impact such events can have on a church and community.
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15
Mobilizing To Aid Others
We've all seen the news reports showing pictures of homes destroyed by tornadoes, entire communities under water from flooding and people coming home to find little to nothing left. Many of us wonder how we can help in a tangible way. The EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response has formed a network of churches that are ready to respond to disasters. Mobilize churches are equiped with training both pre-field, in your church and on the field at one of our current response locations. Our experienced training team will help a team from your church to aid both physically and spiritually following crisis. Mobilize team members are ready to respond with ReachGlobal when crises hits across the United States of America. They also may deploy as a staffing resource during peak ministry times at current crisis response locations. There are many ways to serve such as job-site supervisors, cooks, hospitality, discipleship ministry team members, praying with others, accounting assistance or to meet other needs within ministry.
A sample of the training available to your church:
- Crisis Response Vision/Mission - Why be prepared for crisis? We believe a mission field is created in the wake of every crisis. Are you ready to respond in an effective way? We can help.
- Holistic Impact and Opportunity for Ministry - What type of crisis might your community or church face? What can you help to meet needs – physical, spiritual, emotional, relational? How does ministry fit into crisis recovery?
- Collaborative Team and Planning – How do you plan for an unknown event? Learn the nuts and bolts of being ready as a church and how develop a meaningful ministry in the wake of crisis.
- Mobilize Overview – If your church or community were impacted by crisis, would you want others to help with the recovery process? We offer basic training on how your church can do just that.
- Prepare Overview – It is not a matter of if, but when crisis will hit close to your church and community. Are you ready to respond to the needs that will arise? We can help prepare your church in the event of a crisis.