Credentialing: Transfer of Ordination

Transfer of Ordination documents and forms

Download credentialing_transfer_of_ordination_packet.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 1.2M

An evangelical minister seeking Transfer of Ordination to the Evangelical Free Church of America shall meet the same qualifications and follow similar procedures as set forth in Section IV of "Ministerial Credentialing in the EFCA." The applicant shall seek to supply a letter of recommendation from some official or board of his previous affiliation. He must be a member of an Evangelical Free Church and must have served one year with the Evangelical Free Church of America before the Transfer of Ordination can be completed. An applicant not serving an Evangelical Free Church as pastor and wishing to transfer his ordination, must be a member in good standing of a local Evangelical Free Church for at least one year.

Required documents for Transfer of Ordination
(PDF copies to print and mail to your district)

  • Transfer of Ordination Application
  • Letter from candidate indicating his desire to transfer his present ordination to the EFCA.
  • Letter of recommendation from the church where the candidate is, and if different, a letter from the church in which the candidate is serving. (See Character Assessment Guide.)
  • Record of attendance from the dean’s office of the Bible school, seminary attended or EFCA GATEWAY Theological Institute. If there has been no formal or non-formal education, please note that (If a previous letter is on file, a second letter is not necessary.)
  • Paper and Council Requirements
  • District's documentation of the strengths, weaknesses and issues not previously addressed and rationale for the additional work
  • Minutes of ordination council
  • Recommendation from the district board or credentialing council
  • EFCA Minister’s Profile
  • Completion of EFCA Required Reading or completion of TEDS History, Theology and Polity course
  • Copy of present ordination certificate