This credential is designed specifically for those who are serving in a non-vocational ministry and require a credential to serve in that capacity (e.g., some chaplaincies, marketplace ministries, etc.). The candidate must meet the requirements set forth in Step IV in "Ministerial Credentialing in the EFCA." The holder of this license may qualify for legal status to perform the ministries and functions of the pastor/teacher.
This license is valid for five years and is renewable for as long as the holder remains in active, non-vocational ministry. It does not lead to either the Certificate of Christian Ministry or the Certificate of Ordination.
Required Documents for Ministry License (Non-Vocational)
(PDF copies to print and mail to your district)
- License Application
- Letter from candidate indicating his/her desire to be licensed by the EFCA
- Completed Policy on Spiritual Character Qualification Forms-PSCQ
- Written paper
- Minutes from licensing council
- Recommendation from the district board or credentialing council
- EFCA Minister’s Profile
- Completion of EFCA Required Reading or completion of TEDS History, Theology and Polity course