This credential is designed specifically for those who are serving in a non-vocational ministry and require a credential to serve in that capacity (e.g., some chaplaincies, marketplace ministries, etc.). The candidate must meet the requirements set forth in Step IV in "Ministerial Credentialing in the EFCA." The holder of this license may qualify for legal status to perform the ministries and functions of the pastor/teacher.
This license is valid for five years and is renewable for as long as the holder remains in active, non-vocational ministry. It does not lead to either the Certificate of Christian Ministry or the Certificate of Ordination.
Required Documents for Ministry License (Non-Vocational)
(PDF copies to print and mail to your district)
- License Non-Vocational Application
- Letter from candidate indicating his desire to be licensed by the EFCA
- Letter of recommendation from the church where the candidate is and if different, a letter from the church in which the candidate is serving. (See Character Assessment Guidelines)
- Record of attendance from the dean’s office of the Bible school or seminary attended or EFCA GATEWAY Theological Institute (if applicable). If there has been no formal or non-formal education, please note that (If a previous letter is on file, a second letter is not necessary.)
- Written license thesis
- Minutes from licensing council
- Recommendation from the district board or credentialing council
- EFCA Minister’s Profile
- Completion of EFCA Required Reading or completion of TEDS History, Theology and Polity course