This credential is designed for qualified individuals serving in local church ministry whose primary ministry is in support of teaching and preaching the Word and currently hold a valid EFCA Vocational Ministerial License. The expectation is, the individual requesting a Certificate of Christian Ministry is theologically competent and in alignment with the EFCA. For requirements, see Ministerial Credentialing in the EFCA.
Required documents for Certificate of Christian Ministry
- Certificate of Ministry Application
- Letter of intent from you indicating your desire and reason to hold a certificate of Christian Ministry from the EFCA.
- Letter of recommendation from the church of your membership or a letter from the church or ministry you are serving.
- Record of attendance from the dean’s office of the Bible school, seminary attended or EFCA GATEWAY Theological Institute. If there has been no formal or non-formal education, please note that (If a previous letter is on file, a second letter is not necessary.)
- Written ordination thesis (recommend you send electronically)
- Complete or update your EFCA Minister’s Profile.
- The form indicating completed EFCA Required Reading or TEDS History, Theology and Polity course