A GATEWAY Theological Institute class cannot take place without a facilitator.
These are the steps students can take to get started:
- Provide us with more information by filling out this GATEWAY student form.
- Students should contact their EFCA district to see if there is a GATEWAY site in the area or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend the GATEWAY informational meeting and/or orientation when there is one scheduled in your area.
- Register online
- The facilitator for the GATEWAY site will distribute information about online registration. Then, register online and pay tuition, which is $300 in most districts. Manual registration is also available, especially if paying by check; send manual registration and check made out to EFCA to: EFCA GATEWAY, P.O. Box 1223, Helotes, TX 78023.
- After online registration and tuition payment is confirmed, a GATEWAY manual will be sent to the student’s home (7-10 days).
- Purchase the required textbooks: Evangelical Convictions, and Bible Doctrine, by Wayne Grudem.
- Prepare for each class:
- Review the assignment in the GATEWAY manual
- Read assigned material from the required texts
- Write the initial paper on the Article of Faith or Ethical/Ministerial or Lifestyle Issue to bring to class
- Attend and participate in the class
- After input from the class rewrite your paper and send it to your facilitator
- Attend classes for the duration of the course (attendance at classes is vital.)
- Submit all work and participate in classes.
- Graduate from Phase I after fulfilling all requirements.
- Students interested in EFCA credentials can apply for a License Leading to Certificate.
- For those interested in ordination (permanent credentials), complete GATEWAY Phase I and apply for GATEWAY Phase II.