As part of the EFCA One conference happening June 18-20, 2019 at Compass Church in Naperville, Illinois (Chicago area), the Business Session will take place the afternoon of June 19. Important matters being brought before the Conference:
- Elections for important positions on boards and committees
- A Motion to Amend Article 9 of the EFCA Statement of Faith
- Annual reports including EFCA financial reporting. (Annual reports will be accessible via the EFCA website following the session.)
Credentialed delegate process
The credentialing process is described in Article II of the EFCA Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws and provides information about the number of delegates to which each church is entitled.
Church delegates are appointed by each EFCA church. In order to expedite the credentialing approval process, please send names of appointed church delegates to email@example.com. Credentialing approvals must be completed by 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
If you have questions related to EFCA One registration or the credentialing process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 745-2202.
Excerpt from EFCA Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, Article II
1. Composition. The following persons shall be voting members of the Conference, provided in each case that that person is a member in good standing of an Evangelical Free church:
a. Delegates appointed by each Evangelical Free church, consisting of two delegates for the first one hundred (or fraction of one hundred) members of that church plus one additional delegate for each additional one hundred (or fraction of one hundred) members of that church.
b. The senior pastor of each Evangelical Free church, or, in the case of an Evangelical Free church without a senior pastor or whose senior pastor does not attend the Conference, another pastor on the pastoral staff of that church designated by that church.
c. Members in good standing of the Ministerial Association of the EFCA.
d. Missionaries commissioned by the EFCA, church planters approved by the EFCA, either directly or through a district, and chaplains who have EFCA ministerial credentials and are endorsed by the EFCA.
e. Members of the General Board.
f. Members of the faculties of Trinity International University who have been granted tenure by the EFCA.
2. Duration. Members of the Conference shall retain their membership in the Conference from one Conference to the convening of the next Conference.