Earthquake emergency relief is still underway as rescuers search through dozens of collapsed buildings in Mexico City.
The ReachGlobal Mexico City Team and the EFCA church plant in Mexico City, Comunidad Cristiana Roma, reported all members accounted for and safe. However, their neighborhood was hit hard by the quake and multiple buildings must be evaluated for structural integrity, leading to large numbers of people homeless and staying in makeshift shelters.
Because the extent of damage is still unknown, there is currently no need to mobilize teams, but EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response and the ReachGlobal Mexico City Team are reaching out to local partners to determine needs and a response strategy. Follow the ReachGlobal Mexico City Team's Facebook page for updates (The above photo was taken by Samantha Loesch, Mexico City Team member).
Join the response efforts
- For the safety of those impacted by the earthquake.
- For churches and families affected as they face the uncertainty of what lies ahead.
- For EFCA churches and missionaries to share Christ's love to those hurting, preparation for tremors that might take place in the coming days and discernment in responding to needs following the earthquake.
- For ReachGlobal leadership as they assess the earthquake's impact and determine next steps.
Invest financially to help the families affected by the earthquake and ongoing Crisis Response outreach by giving online or mail a check to:
901 East 78th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55420-1300
Designate the check with the memo: Mexico Earthquake Response Fund 21709-39709
For more information and details on how you can help, contact email@example.com.
Because of the multiple natural disasters, the Crisis Response team is spread thin. We are looking for individuals interested in serving as a part of our response team for the longer term. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about these opportunities.
The mission of EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response
We exist to develop, empower and release the Body of Christ to share His love in times of crisis for multiplying transformational churches among all people.
To advance this mission, Crisis Response seeks to aid in the development and transformation of:
- Local churches as they will be in the community long after the crisis ends.
- Homeowners in the affected areas, who can then transform their neighborhoods.
- Volunteers as they take what they have learned home to affect their own churches and communities with the gospel message.