EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response reached out to churches in the storm's path, with multiple EFCA churches affected.
However, because the storm did not impact EFCA churches on a large scale, there is no need to mobilize teams.
The EFCA Southeast District district superintendent, Glen Schrieber, is working alongside EFCA pastors and churches to coordinate clean-up efforts.
As a result, we are focused on helping ministry partners in Cuba. However, because travel into the country is currently impossible, we are sending funds to partners who are working to keep 10 community kitchens open at $160 per month, per kitchen. Our goal is to keep those kitchens open for three months to feed those impacted by the storm and for the many left homeless in the country. In addition, our partners are looking to train 150 leaders in five different regions to provide trauma counseling.
Money given to the Hurricane Response general fund and the money provided by financial partners allowed Crisis Response to respond immediately, providing assessment and direction to the movement.
The team is coordinating with member churches of the Crisis Response Mobilize Network for their support of this hurricane response in the coming weeks. Crisis Response is also looking for financial partners to aid in current and future prepation and response to crises.
Join the response efforts
- For the safety of those impacted by Hurricane Irma.
- For churches and families affected by this hurricane as they face the uncertainty of what lies ahead.
- For EFCA churches to share Christ's love to those hurting and discernment in responding to needs following the storm.
- For ReachGlobal leadership as they assess the storm's impact and determine next steps.
Invest financially to help the families affected by this hurricane and ongoing Crisis Response outreach by giving online or mail a check to:
901 East 78th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55420-1300
Designate the check with the memo: Hurricane Response — 3969
For more information and details on how you can help, contact email@example.com.
Crisis Response is looking for individuals interested in serving as a part of our response team for the longer term. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about these opportunities.
The mission of EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response
We exist to develop, empower and release the Body of Christ to share His love in times of crisis for multiplying transformational churches among all people.
To advance this mission, Crisis Response seeks to aid in the development and transformation of:
- Local churches as they will be in the community long after the crisis ends.
- Homeowners in the affected areas, who can then transform their neighborhoods.
- Volunteers as they take what they have learned home to affect their own churches and communities with the gospel message.