The Trauma Care Team is a network of ministry workers and lay people who seek to help restore both short and long-term wellness in the mission field that follows crisis.
Intern responsibilities include:
- Learn about and serve on a team which offers emotional and spiritual assistance as a part of intentional disciplemaking.
- Assist in implementing the strategy and utilizing training materials for equipping and deploying a trauma care team to help those affected by crisis process their trauma.
- Assist in multiplying lay leaders to help others process trauma.
- Assist in the equipping of adjunct staff, churches, and national partners with trauma care resources so that they are prepared to respond to crises in their own communities or in other communities.
- Serve on and assist in recruiting and deploying response care teams.
- Research trauma care resources and data collection to measure effectiveness.