ReachGlobal is partnering with an association of healthy churches that is dedicated to making disciples and planting house churches. These churches have asked the Santo Domingo City Team (SDCT) to engage university students and young professionals in transformational discipleship and outreach, with the goal of integrating them into house churches throughout the city.
Serve Dominican churches, U.S. churches and your city team by coordinating the ministries of short-term mission (STM) teams in a way that fosters effective ministry and a transformational discipleship experience for team members and Dominicans. Short-term missions tend to be seasonal and may occupy roughly 50-75 percent of your time; the balance will involve discipleship and outreach among university students.
- Spiritually mature, with ability to disciple others
- Good organizational, administrative, and relational skills
- Team player who is willing to serve where needed
- Able to discuss differing worldviews and spiritual realities with simplicity and clarity
- Resource/provide training for teams
- Prepare/equip host ministries to maximize the effective ministry of STMs
- Manage logistics, orientation, debriefing, follow-up, and follow-through of STMs
- Orient teams to cross-cultural issues and missiological objectives of the project
- Communicate guidelines and expectations to team members
- Spanish language and cultural learning