HOPAC has a student population of about 370 and will be expanding to approximately 420 in the next two years. The student population is diverse, consisting of Missionary Children, Tanzanians, and Expatriates. About ten percent of the student population is Muslim and Hindu, creating exciting evangelistic opportunities to speak freely to “unreached people groups”.
HOPAC is currently in the middle of a multifaceted five-year visionary plan, including new construction and expanding the student body. A new library was completed in January, and construction will begin on a new Performing Arts Center in November.
HOPAC is a well respected, financially sound school with a bright and positive future ahead of it, looking for a visionary leader to propel the school to even greater achievements.
· Evangelical Christian in good standing with his or her local church
· Able to subscribe to the Statement of Faith of Haven of Peace Trust
· Ability to understand and interpret the Bible into a practical, applied worldview
· Established track record of successful Christian leadership
· Confirmation of God’s specific direction toward this position and assurance of His faithfulness after accepting position
· Spiritual authority and pastoral care provided through a sending mission agency, local congregation (in Tanzania) and/or a church in the country of origin
· Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
· Experience working in multicultural situations
· Overseas or international administrative experience preferred
· At least two years of experience in school administration (K-12) preferred
· ACSI administrator or superintendent certificate recommended
· Bachelor’s degree in Primary or Secondary Education from a Western college or university
· Master’s degree in Education
· Minimum of three years teaching experience
· Ability to demonstrate a thorough and working knowledge of Christian Education