ReachGlobal is partnering with an association of healthy churches that is dedicated to making disciples and planting house churches. These churches have asked the Santo Domingo City Team (SDCT) to engage university students and young professionals in transformational discipleship and outreach, with the goal of integrating them into house churches throughout the city.
With 26 universities and over 150,000 university students in Santo Domingo, teaching English is a key ministry platform for the SDCT; you will work with our partners, tutoring individuals and small groups in English. Many students in universities and bilingual schools welcome opportunities to practice and learn from a native English speaker.
- Spiritually mature, with ability to disciple others
- Good relational skills
- Team player who is willing to serve where needed
- Confident and comfortable teaching one-on-one or in small groups
- Able to discuss differing worldviews and spiritual realities with simplicity and clarity
- ESL/TESOL certification/degree preferred
- Engage English learners from beginners to the highly advanced with encouragement and patience
- Assess skill levels, help with grammar and phonics challenges, develop age and level-appropriate lesson plans
- Identify and resource appropriate English learning curriculum/materials
- Integrate gospel and discipleship into English lessons.
- Work with short-term teams to help ensure a quality learning experience for Dominicans
- Train other SDCT team members to tutor English learners
- Spanish language and cultural learning