In the midst of a crisis, swift and clear communication is crucial in setting the stage for a successful response. Even after the crisis situation is stabilized, high-quality communication plays an important role in propelling the ministry forward and sharing the stories of God’s hand through it all.
Crisis Response Communications Director responsibilities include:
- Works with the Crisis Response Director, Lead Team, and the EFCA Communications Team to develop messaging that explains and promotes the God-directed services and opportunities that ReachGlobal Crisis Response provides.
- Directs all ministry-wide external communication via social media, informational materials, and tools.
- Assists the Office Operations Director with internal ministry communications as needed.
- Needs to be detail oriented, have good verbal and written communication, and an understanding of blogging and web communications.
- Must be comfortable talking to homeowners and volunteers.
- Some travel may be required.
- Reports to an assigned member of the Crisis Response Lead Team or the Crisis Response Director.