The community developer will work in an urban poor setting of Manila and come alongside church/ministry leaders to develop holistic ministries aimed at affirming the dignity of the poor and empowering them to meet their own needs. This role contributes to the team’s mission to evangelize the lost and disciple believers by rallying the local community of faith to recognize the perceived needs of the people and launch efforts to show the love of Christ with their neighbors.
- Experience in community development
- Good listener, values others’ perspectives
- Team player, values collaboration
What are the primary responsibilities of this position?
- Form relationships with community and church leaders
- Observe and record perceived needs of the community
- Observe and record resources the community has access to
- Come alongside local leaders to facilitate wholistic community development efforts that promote a Biblical worldview
What are NOT the responsibilities of this position?
- Meeting every perceived need of the community
- Be the supplier of material needs of the community for projects