EFC Taiwan Initiatives overview
The EFC Taiwan Initiatives is a collaborative ministry effort in Taiwan with the Evangelical Free Churches of China (Hong Kong), Malaysia, Singapore, Canada, the U.S., local Taiwanese church and mission organizations, and possibly other Asia EFC networks.
Our vision: Taiwan to become a mobilizer for global mission.
Our mission: To glorify God by planting disciplemaking churches that mobilize Taiwanese workers for Taiwan and beyond.
This position will assist in demographic and mission research as we develop our strategy for church planting in Taiwan. He or she will work closely with the Taiwan Initiatives Leaders and each Ministry Initiative Team to do church planting research in the following areas:
- Why have the Hakka people been so resistant to the gospel?
- Why has the multiplication in Taiwan been so slow? Are there new methods we need to learn how to use?
- Interest and some background in doing research
- Good at learning and gathering information
- Could be a student working on an M.A. in missions
- At least one-year commitment
- Will live and serve in Taiwan
- Would be very helpful if able to speak Mandarin and Hakka
- Conduct research alongside experienced missionaries and trained researchers
- Study language and culture