The ideal candidate will:
- Love Jesus and the local church. Be a spiritually mature and devoted follower of Jesus who has demonstrated a commitment to faith through family life, church participation, prayer and utilizing gifts in service to the Kingdom. Passionately love the local church and be able to articulate a sincere sense of calling to steward and support the mission of the EFCA. Desire to give leadership in a gospel centered movement that is about people.
- Be a confident, accessible leader. Be friendly and engaging. Possess a positive disposition. Build trust through relational connections. Care about people and value their input. Listen and ask questions to facilitate clarity and understanding. Celebrate wins. Faithfully represent and promote the office, vision and values of the EFCA and President Kevin Kompelien.
- Collaborate well. Build teams and value working interdependently with others. Encourage people to share their skills, gifts, knowledge and experience to achieve a common purpose. Invite the right people to the table to develop synergies and advance the mission. Invite others to invest. Enjoy working with others not merely as a means of gaining buy-in, but to practice authentic teamwork.
- Be Forward Thinking. Help the EFCA and ReachStudents to think about the future of the church and how we can best reach the next generation with the gospel. Possess a strong desire for the next generation and develop resources to help our churches to fully integrate student ministries into their strategic planning processes.
- Steward resources well. Bring experienced leadership and management to ReachStudents to improve the overall stewardship of human, financial and operational resources. Understand budgets and work within the prescribed budgets. Maximize resources for the benefit of the mission.
- Empower development of personnel. Recruit and develop the next generation of talent to prepare the EFCA for the future. Increase diversity; Create pathways to leverage, develop and draw out the best from employees and volunteers. Identify talent and ensure people are deployed into their “sweet spot.” Encourage others to live in expectation of what God will do in them, through them, and through the EFCA as a whole.
To apply, please send a resume and detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.