- Accounts payable (A/P) and Disbursements: Review all payment requests; enter invoices, check requests, wire, and ACH requests in the A/P module; schedule vendor payments; submit invoices for approval and process the weekly check run; process weekly domestic and international wire transfers; prepare sales and use tax returns; obtain and maintain W-9s and complete 1099 and 1096 reporting; manage outstanding checks; identify opportunities to streamline A/P processes.
- Accounts Receivable (A/R) and Miscellaneous Cash Receipts: Review and process A/R invoices and prepare monthly enter in General Ledger module; process miscellaneous cash receipts and adjustments in the Cash Receipts module; process credit card payment batches.
- Accounting support and assistance: Maintain the Fixed Asset module; conduct month-end close duties; prepare various reports as requested.
- Church Resourcing: Assist with the creation of resources for churches addressing common A/P and A/R issues; prepare answers to common A/P A/R inquiries; coach and train church bookkeepers in A/P A/R best practices.
- Other duties as assigned: assist with external audit requests; ensure current documentation of procedures
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and alignment with the mission and values of the EFCA.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting and 5 or more years of experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of A/P functions, including vendor file maintenance, 1099 reporting requirements, and sales and use tax regulations.
- Basic math and 10-key data entry skills.
- Intermediate Excel and Word knowledge.
- Basic understanding of Adobe Acrobat, PDF files, and document scanning technologies.
- Familiarity with computerized accounting systems, Blackbaud Financial Edge is a plus.
- Familiarity with international payment methods is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, well-organized, and high capacity.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a business-like manner that enhances the image of the EFCA.
- Willingness to assist others in a manner that contributes to a cooperative, productive work environment.