This role will shepherd and oversee the seventh-12th grade ministries of StGEFC.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, fulfilling the biblical qualifications described in 1 Tim 3 (Character), Titus 2 (Trainer), and Eph 4 (Equipper).
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement of StGEFC.
- Philosophy of ministry must agree with the vision of StGEFC and current Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA) Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum).
- Licensed, or qualified to be licensed, with the EFCA.
- Recruit, train and empower adult leaders to love and disciple students.
- Partner with and empower parents in the discipleship of their students.
- Develop and inspire a student leadership team that will influence their peers for Christ.
- Provide clear and effective opportunities for students to be disciples who make disciples (e.g. dynamic programs, outreach events, small groups, special retreats, etc.).
- Consistently teach the Bible to students through a relevant scope and sequence.
- Strategically build relationships with students in the community (e.g. visit school lunchroom, attend sporting events, etc.).
- Prepare and manage student ministry budget.
Other pastoral responsibilities
- Preach at the weekend worship service several times per year.
- Provide support for other pastoral duties as necessary (e.g. weddings, funerals, counseling).
- Represent the church to the community.
- Pursue ongoing personal, spiritual, and professional growth through times of retreat, accountability, networking, conferences and seminars that are related to the ministry.
- This position is first and foremost accountable to God.
- This position will report to the senior pastor.
How to apply
Send your resume to senior pastor, Josh Reese (email@example.com).