Hope Church is a vibrant, multi-generational church located in the suburbs of Albuquerque. At Hope, we’re all about Jesus! Our mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Him, because Jesus changes everything. As we head into a new season of ministry, we’re looking for a youth minister to advance this mission with students in our church and city.
We’re searching for a driven, teachable and relational leader who can build on the existing health of our youth ministry and grow its size/impact. We're looking for someone who is a unique blend of biblically serious and adventurous/fun to meet students where they're at and take them deeper. We’re looking for a gatherer of people who can cast a compelling vision for discipleship to Jesus in all of life and equip others (students and adult volunteers) to drive this mission forward. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in leading and recruiting volunteers, a passion for local middle and high schools, and a history of growing student ministries spiritually and numerically.
- A passionate and growing relationship with Jesus. Fulfills the biblical qualifications of a deacon as defined in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Ability to preach and teach Scripture in a way that is exegetically sound, culturally relevant, practical and centered on Jesus.
- A proven track record of self-motivated building, growth and development for the mission of Jesus.
- Full alignment with the vision, values and theological commitments of Hope Church.
- Undergraduate degree required. Seminary or four-year Bible degree preferred (or in process).
Lead youth ministry
- Build, lead and manage a discipleship-driven, community-rich, creative and engaging youth ministry that leads students into a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Lead a weekly youth gathering that teaches God’s Word, grows community, prays, sings and has fun.
- Create and execute youth events: special events every four-to-six weeks, youth retreats twice a year (summer and winter).
- Pursue relationship with students. Know, love and disciple these students. This includes on church campus, on school campuses, at sporting events, special outings in the city, etc.
- Equip and cast vision for students to join Jesus on mission in their schools.
- Connect students to the full life of our church family (involvement in Sunday services, mentoring relationships, etc.)
Identify, develop and unleash leaders
- Recruit, assess and train a team of adult leaders to help lead the youth ministry, especially mentoring/discipling students.
- Identify, develop and unleash a team of student leaders to help lead the weekly youth gathering and plan events.
Partner with parents
Connect with parents on a regular basis to communicate what’s happening/what’s coming up in youth ministry and reinforce your partnership with them to disciple their youth.
General staff duties
- Lead as a member of Hope's Staff Team:
- Participate in staff meetings and retreats
- Care for and take initiative for the good of our whole church family
- Help take on opportunities to serve that occasionally arise
- Receive mentoring and coaching from the lead pastor