The Worship Director at Salem will help create a relational disciple making culture within the broader church, fostering a life as worship mentality, through engaging and effective musical ministry.
First and foremost, this position is a shepherding role. We value people over performance. By design this position is meant to help provide care for the congregation, staff, and volunteers – both in and out of services. This requires good worship qualities not limited to performance and an overflowing replenishing idea of ministry. In house, the role is designed to foster a spirit driven environment, where we build up and equip leaders in ministry. We desire that the Sunday service be a place where people of all ages want to be. As such, a multigenerational approach is needed, with a conscious and intentional effort given to song selection and style with a desire to include Next Gen ministry. The Director of Worship will oversee all facets of Salem’s worship ministry.
- A clear testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ
- Any collegiate/university degree, with 5+ years previous experience leading worship ministry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in music, biblical studies, or other applicable focus is preferred
- Team collaborator with a disciple-making attitude
- Prior experience with technical equipment preferred
- Committed to their personal relationship with the Lord, overflowing into others
- Build community between and foster spiritual growth within worship teams
- Recruit, equip, and release key leaders into the larger church ministry
- Ensure that a weekly Sunday worship service is planned, prepared, and executed with thoughtful intentionality
- Serve as the leader of Worship Ministries for Sunday morning Worship services at Salem, either from on stage or behind the scenes
- Serve as the leader of Worship Ministries for special events and programs occurring at other times than Sunday morning
- Coordinate all Worship activities with Salem pastoral staff and church calendar
- Monitor and give account for Worship ministry budgets, attendance, initiatives, and goals
Developing Creative Worship Initiatives – Utilizing the service, stage, and people from the congregation, to engage in artistic, creative styles of worship (ie. Art, prayer, scripture reading, stage design, lighting, communion, silence, reflection, etc.)
Utilize Planning Software – Included but not limited to Planning Center as an essential tool in producing services, managing teams, and communicating to staff and volunteers. Update Planning Center regularly to insure a current database of team members and songs. Song Select, CCLI, multimedia components, and CCB (Salem’s online directory)
Teams and Substitutions - Schedule worship teams, sound and multimedia, and communion servers (is communion servers WD?) and congregational prayer ministers. Coordinate volunteer substitutions to ensure all needs are filled each week. Designate worship leaders to lead rehearsals and Sunday services while providing consistency. Encourage “ministry for all” through the audition and use of new volunteers in worship.
Plan Services - Consult with Senior Pastor or other preacher to coordinate the theme with the message. Select songs and the order of service. Input service information into management software.
Materials – Prepare chord charts/sheet music/capo charts/orders of service for rehearsals. Coordinate with Connections Pastor and Worship Assistant on needs for announcements, slides, scripts and other documents.
Tech –Have a familiarity with technical aspects of ministry, including sound board, camera, and lighting. Work closely with the technical director to ensure maintenance and operation of technical equipment. Be the reporter for the Technical Director, checking in with them regularly to disciple and encourage.
Stages – Maintain stage set up for weekly rehearsals and services. Ensure stages are "torn down" and "reset" after special events (ie: weddings, funerals, dinner theater). Oversee the appearance and ambiance of the worship spaces in coordination with ministry leaders. This includes creative stage designs that coordinate with sermon series.
How to apply
Interest letter and resume can be sent to: email@example.com