Crossview Church is a growing, multi-generational church focused on worshiping God, making disciples, and serving our community. We are currently in the process of searching for a new Worship Pastor.
The primary goal of the Worship Pastor’s role is to lead the congregation into an undeniable experience with God, inviting and teaching people to experience His presence, and fostering a heart of worship within the congregation, while effectively executing a role in worship leadership.
We’re looking for a biblically grounded, spiritually mature, musically talented Christian to lead the worship ministry at Crossview Church. The ideal candidate has experience leading worship and experience shepherding a worship team.
- Plan the weekly worship and special services
- Schedule musicians for all worship services
- Schedule ushers
- Orchestrate the logistics of our monthly observance of Communion
- Lead the musical portion of worship services
- Develop a process to regularly identify and deploy new volunteers in the church’s worship ministry
- Shepherd, train, manage, and care for the volunteer worship team
- Develop an annual worship ministry budget and work within that budget
- Oversee the church’s worship tech ministry (sound, lighting, projection, etc.)
- Oversee the décor of the sanctuary
- Attend all church staff meetings and retreats
- Work with youth and children’s ministry leaders to find young people that may be developed into worship leaders and incorporate them into worship leadership at Crossview
- Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments and equipment owned by the church and obtain new equipment when necessary
- Use his gifts to live missionally and disciple others
- Work with the elders to align the worship ministry with the discipleship vision of the church
How to apply
Those interested in this position should send the following no later than March 31, 2018:
- Résumé detailing relevant work and ministry experience and contact information
- Video of you leading worship. The video should show you singing, playing your instrument, and speaking (No more than 15 minutes of video content please)
- List of three professional references with their position, relationship to you, email address, and phone number
Materials can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Attn: Mark Lanting
150 Bethany Rd.
DeKalb, IL 60115
All applicants will receive a confirmation that your materials have been received.