Hope Church is seeking a worship leader devoted to oversee, manage and advance our worship ministries. We are seeking a worship leader who shares our heart to reach the lost, care for the broken and develop fully committed followers of Jesus in our community. Worshipping through music is central to our church culture and something we are excited and passionate about for the future. Our church family desires to see people encounter Christ in a genuine way during all our worship gatherings. This position would provide direct oversight to the entire worship ministry with the intention of maintaining a Christ-centered, Spirit-led worship culture.
*This position could be fulfilled as part-time or full-time given the applicant and the skills they possess. (Please read below). Full-time possibility would likely require an applicant who has additional ministry skills within an area that needs additional ministry support (e.g. graphics, video, children’s ministry, administration, etc.)
The worship leader will be asked to lead Hope Church in weekly times of worship by communicating and brainstorming regularly with the lead pastor about Sunday services and upcoming events. Additional responsibilities will include preparing the weekly worship set, scheduling the team as well as practicing with and leading the team. It will be their responsibility to lead worship on Sundays and at special services.
- Superior interpersonal skills working with a variety of people including worship team members and tech team members.
- Must seek God for creative, Spirit-led, innovative ways to lead the church in worship.
- Ability to lead in worship through music with lead vocals and a rhythm instrument.
- Proficient in worship technology and willing to learn new systems. Experience in MultiTracks, Playback and keeping time with a click preferred.
- Positive attitude
- Heart of a servant
- Team player
- Must share the vision of Hope Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion as well as be fully supportive of our statement of faith and church mission.
- Positive approach to problem solving and solution-oriented.
- Willingness to deal with conflict in a godly and timely way that leads to reconciliation. Being committed to honor authority and maintain good relationships with leadership and those you lead in the church.
- Deep love and devotion to Christ personally.
- Actively and regularly pursuing Christ on a personal level, through worship, personal Bible devotions and using their gifts to serve the Kingdom.
- Commitment to be fully engaged and supportive in the life of the Church outside of your area of ministry. Invested team member who shows interest, support and a helpful attitude toward other team members and their areas of ministry.
Experience and education
- Firm understanding of God’s Word.
- Proficient in leading teams.
- General time-management and self-organization skills.
- 1-2 years experience in leading worship.
- General experience in managing volunteers.
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with your direct report and lead pastor to ensure the vision of Hope Church is implemented in all aspects of worship ministry.
- Regularly assess the worship climate and make adjustments to lead people deeper in worship.
- Communicate with tech team regarding needs, changes and things to make sound better.
- Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of worship for weekend services, worship events and holiday services.
- Recruit, develop, coach and train high-quality musicians for worship team roles and how to improve.
- Oversee the budget for all the worship ministry including the purchasing, projecting and requesting of special funds.
- Oversee ideas for stage design.
- Weekly attend Hope Church staff meetings.
- Serve in additional areas as needed.
How to apply
Please email your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.