We are seeking a creative and experienced worship leader (part-time) who will be responsible for leading modern worship on Sunday mornings. This person will also continue the development and growth of the worship volunteers and music ministry at Montvale Church. This person will have an undeniable passionate relationship with Jesus Christ and must sense a call to lead God’s people in musical worship. This position is directly accountable to the senior pastor and elder board.
Weekly time expectations (part-time)
- Sunday worship service (4 ½ hours)
- Weekly rehearsal (3 hours)
- Prep for worship, song selection, arrangements, scheduling volunteers, personal skill development (8 hours)
- Meeting with the senior pastor (1 hour)
- Provide leadership, vision and passion for Montvale Church in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose, and mission of our church.
- Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities.
- Facilitate a Spirit-led, Christ-centered Sunday morning worship service. This includes leading the Sunday worship service musically, developing current worship teams, recruiting additional team members, and scheduling instrumentalists and vocalists. This includes preparation for and leading weekly rehearsals, as well as consulting with the senior pastor to coordinate the worship theme. This includes, but is not limited to, the following holiday services: Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Eve and Christmas Eve.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in collaboration with the Worship Commission and in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Communicate with the student ministries director regarding youth worship teams.
- Communicate with the church office regarding tech and sound needs for Sunday worship services.
- Attend a weekly staff meeting and monthly meeting with the Worship Commission.
- It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 15-20 hours per week. Compensation will be $18,000 – $20,000 depending on experience and education.
- Candidate must have a love for God, the Bible and God’s people. Candidate must also have a strong desire to disciple those in his or her sphere of influence. Candidate has a desire to continue to grow in the Word, mature in Christ and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Candidate must be proficient in leading worship with a strong vocal ability and authentic stage presence. Multiple instrumental abilities a plus. Formal musical training a plus. Prior experience leading worship in a church.
- Knowledge of Planning Center Services or similar technology, Pro Presenter or equivalent, Song Select, Worship House Media, etc. Knowledge of Digital Audio consoles (X32) a plus. Responsible for selecting music for Sunday worship using chord charts from CCLI and update Planning Center with music.
- Willing to join the membership of Montvale Church upon hiring, in full agreement with our statement of faith.