Southern Gables Church (SGC) has a rich heritage of faithfully proclaiming God’s Word in Colorado and around the globe, through our missionary family, for more than 50 years. Our mission is to advance Jesus’ life-transforming movement of disciples making disciples.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required for this position.
- A Bible school or seminary degree is preferred.
- Desire for ongoing theological education is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience leading worship in a medium-size church.
- Demonstrated ability to lead worship teams, organize and arrange music, and plan services.
- Strong vocal and instrumental ability required.
- Care for the musicians: Our musicians and other creative people should be built into a cohesive, unified community that plays well and loves each other. This includes times of fellowship and member care. The pastor of worship needs to be one who loves people.
- Increase participation: Southern Gables Church is blessed with a tremendous amount of talent, but it is unutilized or underutilized. We would like to see the entire ministry built up so as to increase passion and involvement.
- Develop leaders: The worship director should identify other worship leaders who need to be developed for use in our church and the larger body of Christ.
- Create environments conducive to worship: The worship director must have the ability to creatively design services that are often coordinated with the preaching theme, which inspire the congregation to more fully worship God. This includes optimizing our lighting and creative staging to maximize impact. And the worship director should also disciple people to create environments of worship in their homes and other spheres of influence.
- Implement the vision: The worship director must be wholly committed to our vision of disciples making disciples, beginning in his/her walk with the Lord, spilling over into his family and neighborhood, and finally, extending to the musicians who are part of his team. He or she is a disciplemaker first and a musician/artist second.
- Master director and long-range service planner: The worship director will work closely with the senior pastor to make sure our services are adequately planned.
- Scheduling: The worship director will be responsible for scheduling all the musicians. Our worship team members participate on a rotating basis to encourage broad participation and to avoid individual musician burnout.
- Oversee A/V technology: The worship director will be ultimately responsible for making sure all our sound and visual equipment is properly functioning.
- Sundays and midweek practices: The worship director should plan on leading services for 46 Sundays per year and for scheduling leadership in his absence. Moreover, a regular weekly worship team practice should be held to ensure that Sunday is a quality worship experience. In addition, there will be additional planning and rehearsals for other musical services as required, e.g., Christmas concert, Good Friday, Easter and hymn sings.
- Develop other ministries of worship: The worship director, in conjunction with other ministry leaders, should proactively identify and develop the next-generation worship leaders to be used in praise of God. Those with creative gifts of prayer, visual arts, photography, dance, media, acting and staging should be encouraged and released to use their gifts in ways not necessarily confined to Sunday morning.
- Timely communication: Communication should be proactive and punctual with the ministry staff and volunteers.
- Complete weekly details in Planning Center: All weekly details of flow and order of service should be completed in Planning Center.
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter, along with responses to the following questions:
- Why are you looking for a position right now?
- From what you see about SGC, what makes you think you might be a good fit?
- What is worship?
For more information, contact:
(303) 986-1527 – Ext 104