The Special Journeys Coordinator assists the Kids Ministries Pastor in overseeing and leading the special needs ministry. Special Journeys comes alongside kids with various special needs so that they may participate and encounter Jesus Christ through his Word and His people.
Must be a growing Christian, deepening his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others (Matt 22:37-39; 28:19-20; Rom 12:9-18).
- General computer competence and experience with MS Office.
- Able to accept direction, take initiative and be a ministry team player.
- Education/experience: college degree, or two years’ experience in ministry leadership, preferred.
- Previous experience working with children and/or families with special needs is preferred.
- Organizational, administrative and communication skills.
- Helpful spiritual gifts and skills: administration, helps, creativity, teaching, leadership.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs for a short duration of time.
- Oversees Special Journeys ministry as directed by Kids Ministries Pastor (Eph 4:11-16).
- Coordinates recruiting, training and scheduling for Special Journeys ministry.
- Plans and coordinates supplies and equipment in the Special Journeys educational areas.
- Responsible for planning and execution of weekly classes, including, but not limited to: music, verbal Bible lesson, object lesson, snack and free time.
How to apply
Follow the attached link below where you will also find the full job description.