The senior pastor will shepherd and provide leadership to River Ridge Evangelical Free Church.
- Clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, fulfilling the biblical leadership qualifications of an elder described in I Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; Eph 4: 11-16; 1 Pet 5:1-4
- If married, his wife should support his call to serve this church and actively seek to develop good interpersonal relationships with the church body and community.
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement of the Evangelical Free Church of America and the mission statement and core values of the River Ridge Evangelical Free Church.
- Competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships and be approachable as a spiritual leader with a focus on shepherding the congregation.
- Competent in Bible teaching and preaching.
- Clear evidence of fruitfulness stemming from previous leadership roles within the Christian community and the Church.
- Adequate skills and education for the position.
- Properly ordained or willing to pursue ordination within the Evangelical Free Church of America denomination.
Have primary responsibility for the teaching and sustaining of biblical doctrines of this church, equipping God’s people for ministry and leading by example.
- Preach and teach the Word of God regularly with contagious enthusiasm.
- Administer the ordinances i.e. communion and baptism.
- Provide general pastoral care and nurture.
- Provide overall vision and leadership to River Ridge Evangelical Free Church in line with our mission.
- Work with the leadership teams to organize, develop and sustain the ministry of River Ridge Evangelical Free Church.
- Oversee the process of evaluating and aligning of all Church ministries within the broader vision of the Church
- Develop leaders by mentoring, discipling and modeling Christ.
- Foster a strong working relationship with the leadership team of the North Central EFCA District.
- Shall oversee and provide appropriate leadership to the pastoral, administrative, and secretarial staff.
- Attend and provide a pastoral report at Leadership and Congregational meetings.
- Represent Christ’s church to the community.
- Provide ministry to the broader body of Christ.
- Build relationships and network with Senior Pastors within the North Central EFCA District and other likeminded pastors within the community.
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.