The primary function of this role is to edify, exhort, nurture and disciple the church body.
- Lead the congregation in effective programs with vision, purpose and priority, to fulfill the Great Commission.
- Develop sermons, spending appropriate time in preparation.
- Administrate a weekly worship plan including the worship service order, bulletin preparation and distribution.
- Work with the music coordinator in planning and conducting worship services that are honoring to the Lord.
- Work to assimilate new attendees into the church family and create an inviting and welcoming environment in the church.
- Visit and minister to members and prospective members in homes, nursing care facilities and hospitals.
- Regularly lead the church in the Lord's Supper.
- Conduct baptisms.
- Teach baptism and membership classes.
- Participate in outreach programs of the church.
- Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
- Provide short-term counseling sessions as needed.
- Lead and demonstrate effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Work with the elders and other key leadership to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
- Maintain a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
- We are looking for a visional pastor who loves the Lord, is a serious student of God’s Word and is passionate about his faith.
- We seek a pastor who loves people, is skilled in declaring the Word of God and models godly character; one who is energetic, is able to lead, shows compassion for the lost and is connected to the community.
- This individual must be a “shepherd” to the sheep and one who is confident of God's call upon his life.
- Emphasis on training another generation of leaders for Christ's church is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have a MDiv and will have been an ordained minister for five or more years.
- Significant experience may be a substitute for the degree.