Christ Community Church in Princeton, Illinois, is seeking a senior pastor to lead our congregation into the next phase of God’s vision for our church. We are looking for a relationship and team builder who can partner with our church family to accomplish the plan that God has given us for doing His work. The ideal candidate should possess Christ-like character, be an effective communicator of God’s Word, and have a shepherd-like heart, a gift-based ministry philosophy and a passion for worship.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle
- Biblical leadership qualifications of an elder described in 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1
- Competent in organizational and interpersonal relationships
- Potential and desire to remain in a long-term ministry
- Competent in Bible teaching and preaching
- Successful ministry experience
- Adequate skill and education for the position
- Properly ordained
- Lead/organize/plan the weekly worship services
- Preach/teach the Word of God regularly
- Provide leadership to community prayer
- Join with the elders in exercising spiritual oversight and vision setting
- Team builder who can work with staff, lay leaders and body to accomplish God’s vision for the church
- Organize/develop gift-based ministries to the body and community
- Partner with the elders, church officers, staff and ministry leaders toward effective management of the church
- Ensure the discipleship/training of ministry staff members, current/future elders of the church and the church body
- Get to know and love the body at CCC through one-on-one interaction, church events, pastoral visits and other activities
- Be an advocate for Life Groups to strengthen the body and reach the unchurched in our community
- Get to know and love the community we serve and identify ways to minister
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and cover letter explaining why this position would fit your strengths, gifts, experiences and passions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure consideration, applicant’s materials must be received by February 12, 2020.