See our church profile on our website. Scroll down on the home page to the Pastoral Transition section.
- A minimum of five years of pastoral experience is required. Preference will be for a senior pastor. However, an associate pastor of a dynamic church of 400+ may also possess much of the experience needed to keep our congregation motivated to be obedient to God's leading.
- The successful candidate should have a seminary degree from a theologically sound and conservative school such as TEDS or Dallas. He should also have demonstrated that he is a student of the Scriptures.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, and the biblical leadership qualifications of an elder described in 1 Tim 3:17 and Titus 1:5-9
- Agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of the McCook Evangelical Free Church
- Competent in organizational and interpersonal relationships
- Potential and desire to remain in a long-term ministry
- Competent in Bible teaching and preaching
- Successful ministry experience
- Adequate skill and education for the position
- Properly ordained
- Be in charge of the stated services for worship
- Preach the Word of God regularly
- Administer the ordinances
- Join with the elders in exercising spiritual oversight
- Team builder who can work with the current staff, lay leadership and be receptive to the church structure in accomplishing the vision that God has given us for doing His work
- Work with the leadership to organize and develop the possibilities for service available in the church
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees and organizations of this church
- Ensure the discipleship and training of ministry staff members and current and future Elders of this church
How to apply
Please submit your resume to PastoralSearch@mccookefree.org. You can find more information on our website. Scroll down on the home page to the Pastoral Transition section. Contact Anne Wiemers at email@example.com with any questions.