The senior pastor is responsible for the preaching and teaching at FEFC. The senior pastor is a member of the shepherding team and shall provide leadership to the shepherding team in its function of overseeing the church. Subject to the shepherding team, he shall be responsible for the day-to-day ministry and operations of the church.
The senior pastor of FEFC will:
- Fulfill the biblical qualifications of I Tim3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Adhere to, and be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of FEFC.
- Be able to minister in accordance with the FEFC bylaws.
- Demonstrate suitable ministerial training and sound understanding of biblical doctrine and practice.
- Be licensed, and preferably ordained, with the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA).
- Possess the ability to preach clear, engaging, God-honoring, gospel-centered biblical expositions with relevant application to all age groups.
- Have a proven track record of committed, compassionate and effective pastoral oversight.
- Preference for demonstrable experience or training in biblical counseling.
- Be competent in administrative, managerial and technological skills.
- Preach the Word of God regularly, and, together with the shepherding team, oversee the teaching and preaching ministries of FEFC.
- Model and encourage prayer in the church and establish routines to promote private and corporate prayer within the church.
- Have overall responsibility for the public worship services.
- Administer the ordinances.
- Within the scope of the senior pastor’s capacity and the capacity of the church, provide, facilitate, and organize personal, pre-marital, marital, crisis and conflict resolution counseling.
- Provide, facilitate and organize general pastoral care, including weddings and funerals, for all within the church.
- With the shepherding team, provide vision, understanding, encouragement and oversight for the church.
- Work with the shepherding team, pastoral team and church staff to identify, develop and organize ministry opportunities for edification and outreach and to build community within the church.
- Work with the shepherding team, pastoral team and church staff to motivate, mentor, equip, train and oversee members and staff to develop their spiritual gifts to build up the body of Christ at Faith and proclaim the Kingdom of God in our community.
- Supervise pastoral staff.
- Supervise church staff.
- Represent the church to the community.
- Provide ministry within the broader body of Christ.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and links to at least three sermons to firstname.lastname@example.org.