New Hope’s mission
- Love God, love people, transform the world through Christ.
New Hope’s purpose
- Together we exist to glorify and worship God by bringing people into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and striving to become fully devoted followers, while being equipped to serve Him.
New Hope’s history
- New Hope Evangelical Free Church had it’s beginning in 1977. Since that time, due to spiritual and numerical growth, the church is now in its second location since 2002. Through its history, God has blessed New Hope with many opportunities to encourage growth in the Lord and to reach out to the surrounding communities with the gospel of Jesus Christ, while having a missionary vision to reach around the world with the good news of Jesus Christ. New Hope continues to fulfill the Great Commission to go and make disciples at home and around the globe.
Town of Mt Horeb
- New Hope is in Mt Horeb, Wisconsin, a town of some 7,000 which is located about 25 minutes west of the Wisconsin capital, Madison, and the University of Wisconsin. The Duluth Trading Center has its headquarters in Mt Horeb, and Epic Systems, which employs some 9,500 people, is located nearby. Mt Horeb is a delightful and growing community, with various things to do in winter and summer. The median age is around 38 and the average income is $75,000. We believe there is great potential for the church to prosper spiritually and numerically as God’s shepherd comes to lead the flock.
- Has a vital relationship with Jesus Christ, displaying the fruit of the Holy Spirit in his personal life, family life and ministry.
- Has a loving relationship with his wife and family.
- Is an able communicator of God’s Word with an expository preaching style.
- Is coachable and serves joyfully in the servant attitude of Jesus Christ.
- Has some pastoral experience, while looking to develop a sustained ministry with longevity.
- Be in agreement with the Evangelical Free Church of America's Statement of Faith.
- Be a loving shepherd of the flock with the ability to lead, teach and disciple, while providing leadership in reaching out with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Work with the elder board in determining the needs of and vision for the New Hope family.
- Provide guidance and leadership for other staff, and for all the different ministries of New Hope.
- Be available for counseling as various opportunities arise.
The church auditorium will seat 200-225, and there is a nice gym for use by the New Hope family and for outreach to the community. Attendance on Sunday mornings is around 100. The church has various ministries, such as AWANA, men and women ministries, youth activities, preschool ministry and various outreaches to the community, plus global missions.
How to apply
If interested in the senior pastor position at New Hope EFC, contact Dave Morley, Search Team Chairman, 2021 Erb Road Verona, WI 53593, Cell: 608-712-3210.