Church Without Walls is a small congregation with limited financial resources. They are recovering from Hurricane Maria and its after effects on the church and community. This is an EFCA Church working with the EFCA Southeast District. Believing God wants to work among their unique flock of sheep and in their beautiful diverse community, they are asking Him to provide a shepherd.
You will be the senior pastor serving as the spiritual leader of Church Without Walls. Together with CWOW Elders and Board, you will oversee the pastoral staff, ministry staff, employees and members; as well as the development, organization and administration of the ministries of this church. The objective is to shepherd God’s people to grow in their spiritual life and to equip them for the work of ministry for the purpose of advancing the gospel, making disciples and sharing the gospel message with Christ’s love with the community.
Transformational preaching with application, fostering worship in spirit and in truth, teaching, counseling, praying for members of the congregation, developing leadership, driving vision, reaching the lost for Christ, making disciples, and encouraging follow-through on fulfilling Church Without Walls' mission and goals.
- Shepherd/pastoral care
- Servant leader/administrator
- Fill the position as quickly as possible within a reasonable transition time
- Manage elder appointment process
- Assist in coordinating ongoing building program (Hurricane Maria recovery) and property access process
- Assist in developing resources for additional funds through increased giving and support (for compensation increase, outreach, church building and growth)
- Must have a calling, a shepherd's heart for the flock and a fervent desire and ability to reach outsiders
- Embraces CWOW by-laws and EFCA doctrinal statement
- Willing and able to preach two evaluation Sundays (for free)
- Contract for two years preferred (interim or permanent)
- Willing and able to move to Rincón area for two years
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) ability is a big plus, but not a deal breaker
How to apply
To submit your resume, learn more about this opportunity and to get a more detailed job description, please respond via email to: email@example.com. Contact Amanda Brown.