The pastor of youth and young adults is responsible for helping youth and young adults grow as maturing disciples of Jesus by leading Friedens’ ministry to students in 5th-12th grade (~75 percent of the role) and young adults (~10 percent of the role). The final ~15 percent of the role consists of fulfilling other pastoral responsibilities, such as assisting with worship services.
- Demonstrates a vibrant heart for God and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Agrees with the EFCA Statement of Faith, along with Friedens’ Mission, Discipleship Process and bylaws
- Models a life of character and integrity in alignment with 1 Tim 3:2-7; Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Pet 5:1-3
- Works well with others and has strong relational skills
- Connects well with teenagers and adults
- Possesses effective discipleship, leadership, equipping and organizational skills
- Exhibits a proven track record of discipling teenagers toward spiritual maturity
- Musical proficiency is beneficial but not necessary
Lead Friedens' ministry to students in 5th-12th grade, along with the ministry to young adults (particularly ages ~18-25). A full description of responsibilities is available in the position description, which is available at www.friedenschurch.org.
How to apply
To apply, please e-mail your resume to Friedens@sbcglobal.net. A full position description is available at www.friedenschurch.org. If you have any questions, you can send them to this e-mail address or call the church at 262-284-2471 and ask for Pastor Brandon Lemons.