Employment (Churches)

Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry

Dix Hills Evangelical Free Church, Huntington Station, New York

Dual position providing leadership and direction to both youth and family ministry and advancing the technology presence.

Ministry description

A full-time dual position with the primary focus of leading the youth ministry and the secondary focus of ministry to our families, including Christian education for youth and adults and advancing our technology ministry.

This pastoral role is full-time and is a dual position that provides leadership and direction to the youth ministries, while partnering with the senior pastor in the discipleship process of families. The primary focus of this pastoral position (approximately 70 percent) will be leading the youth ministry. The secondary focus (the remaining 30 percent) will be leading and developing Christian education for families, along with developing our technology ministry and presence.

Qualifications

  • An active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
  • A desire to see the gospel transform the lives of young people
  • A commitment to the authority of God’s Word
  • A lifestyle of authenticity, humility and integrity
  • A strong leader with a servant’s heart
  • A team player who can effectively implement ideas
  • A biblical education degree (preferably seminary) and/or related ministry experience

Responsibilities

Youth ministry

  • Provide leadership, direction and supervision specifically to our junior/senior high youth group that is Christ-centered and consistent with the overall direction of our church
  • Build and develop a youth ministry team to both fulfill and multiply the ministry, while making use of the gifting and skills of others
  • Oversight and providing the main teaching role and biblical content at weekly programs
  • Plan and execute events/activities that build and support the overall ministry objectives
  • Develop and work toward a plan to reach unchurched youth in our local area
  • Communicate with parents (and to the church at large) as to youth events/activities
  • Regular meetings with the senior pastor on the ongoing progress/vision of the ministry

Family ministry

  • Provide oversight, training and curriculum guidance for kids/youth/adult Christian education programs
  • Strategically recruiting, equipping and training youth leaders and teachers
  • Being the point person for our A/V team and developing and implementing our church’s technology ministry
  • Periodic preaching on Sunday morning

How to apply

Please send resumes or requests for more information to office@dhefc.org.

More Info