Chapel City Church is a multigenerational church in Camarillo, California. Our mission is to call all people to receive, demonstrate and declare God's transforming grace.
The primary role of the pastor of youth and discipleship is to develop and lead ministry to middle school, high school and young adults. This ministry would be marked by biblical teaching that leads to:
- Encouraging the spiritual growth and maturity of students through teaching, mentoring and counseling
- Encouraging and equipping parents as they provide spiritual direction in the lives of their children
- Developing, training and leading volunteers who serve in the youth ministry
- Developing, among the youth, a biblical love for each other and integrating this into love for the larger body of Christ at Chapel City Church
- Challenging and equipping the youth to reach out to their unsaved peers and others with the gospel of Christ
- Instilling the understanding that Christians have been entrusted with spiritual gifts for the building up of the body of Christ, and helping the youth understand, develop and employ their particular gifts
- Integrating these gifts into the youth program, as well as the larger body of Christ at Chapel City Church
Secondarily, he will help to develop and encourage a culture that pursues biblical maturity among the greater body at Chapel City Church characterized by discipleship, fellowship, outreach and service. The pastor of youth and discipleship will play a key role in the continuing process of equipping believers for service and connecting them with appropriate ministry opportunities.
- Meets the qualifications for biblical eldership as outlined in the New Testament
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and three years ministry experience, including at least two years focused on youth ministry
- Demonstrated ability to structure sustainable ministry (ministry that replicates leadership, training and administration)
- Agreement with and the ability to adhere to our statement of faith