Faith Church is an Evangelical Free Church (EFCA) located in Dallas, Oregon. We are a multi-generational church family striving to glorify God by making the transforming grace of Jesus known in Dallas and beyond. Our mission is to help people become followers of Jesus that love God, love others and make disciples. It is our desire to grow in living out our faith, proclaiming the gospel in everyday ways among the people God brings into our lives.
- Vibrant, consistent, growing personal faith in and dependency on Jesus Christ
- Meets the biblical qualifications of an elder
- Proven “beyond reproach” reputation and lifestyle inside and outside the body of Christ
- Preference may be given to applicants with vocational student ministry experience that includes volunteer recruitment/training and administrative responsibilities
- Preference may also be given to those with education/degree in related areas
- Wholehearted agreement with the doctrinal statement and distinctives of the EFCA
- Already credentialed by the EFCA or commitment to becoming credentialed within 24 months
- Must be committed to working alongside the other leaders and within the mission, values and philosophical framework of Faith Church
This pastor’s primary role (approx. 75 percent of his time) will be to oversee all aspects of our student ministry—developing a fun, safe, caring and gospel-centered environment where students are encouraged to become fully devoted followers of Jesus. This person will shepherd our junior high and high school students (sixth-12th grade) toward being disciples who make disciples, reach out to other students who don’t yet know Jesus, build/equip student ministry volunteer teams, and teach biblical truth in an accessible way.
In addition, and based on giftedness, he will assist in our church’s broader disciplemaking efforts by providing leadership to other ministry areas as assigned by the lead pastor (approx. 25 percent of his time). This person will work in coordination with the staff and elder teams in promoting/implementing the vision of Faith Church, seeking to integrate students and their families into the life of the wider church family.
How to apply
Please, no phone calls at this time. Tentative application deadline is June 2, 2019. To apply, please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, resume (including education), photo(s) of you/your family (not required)
- If at all possible, send us a link to VIDEO sample(s) of you leading/teaching students
- In one typed page or less, please respond to the following prompts:
- Tell us about something God has been teaching you lately
- Tell us about your heart for/experience with/ministry philosophy of disciplemaking
- Tell us about your heart for/experience with/ministry philosophy of evangelism