Seeking dynamite pastor. Crossroads Church is booming with energy, excitement and people streaming through our doors. We place a significant focus on family ministries, passing on our faith to the next generation. It is our desire to minister to both believers and non-believers. Our church is committed to being culturally relevant as we share biblical truth. We are not an ordinary “smaller town” church. On average, our weekly attendance is over 600, as we are looking to reach 1,000 people every week. Our pastor of discipleship will help our congregation grow deep as we reach more people. Small groups are an important part of our discipleship strategy. We are seeking a pastor who will lead, grow and develop our small group ministry and small group leaders. The second main function of the position would be to assimilate people into our church, moving them from outsiders to insiders who attend, join a small group and contribute (time, talent, treasure). The final central role of this position is to serve as one of our pastors to our congregation, sharing in preaching and other pastoral roles (weddings, funerals, counseling and visitation).
Our staff team is amazing, and we are looking to add another teammate who can help us continue to take our ministry to the next level. Our church is situated in Albert Lea, Minnesota; a smaller town of about 18,000 people, just about one hour from the Twin Cities, Rochester and Mankato. Albert Lea is a beautiful town to raise a family. Known as “The Land Between the Lakes,” our city is surrounded by two large lakes great for recreation and fishing. I invite you to come see the work God is doing in our city and beyond.
Time commitment: This is a full-time, salaried position of 45-50 hours/week, with the salary and benefits set by the church board.
- Utilize a small group ministry model for discipleship which deepens and cultivates relationships, spiritual growth, fellowship, care and service.
- Implement small group leader development and multiplication process.
- Provide coaching for small group leaders on how to help their small group members grow spiritually, shepherd their group members and multiply their group.
- Develop and maintain an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of small group involvement.
- Plan and execute small group connection opportunities.
- Lead promotion of small groups that ensure everyone at the church is knowledgeable of the small group ministry, its purpose, importance and how to get connected.
- In collaboration with the senior pastor, select and implement a curriculum that will best fit our church and the facilitation of spiritual growth through small groups.
- Develop a person-to-person discipleship program that flows through the small group ministry.
- Develop, oversee and provide leadership for a system of assimilation at Crossroads that provides opportunities for connection, membership, volunteering and a life of ministry.
- Establish and maintain a strategy to assimilate people into the congregation, moving individuals from outsiders to insiders who attend, join a small group and contribute (time, talent, treasure).
- Oversee, coach and provide leadership for assimilation teams that welcome and connect attendees on Sunday mornings.
- Demonstrate ownership for and effectiveness in communicating and fulfilling the church’s vision, mission, focus, culture, statement of faith and doctrinal distinctive.
- Serve as a member of the pastoral staff providing spiritual guidance to the congregation by participating in weddings, funerals, counseling, hospital visitation, teaching and preaching as directed by the senior pastor.
- Collaborate with the senior pastor and other ministry staff in the accomplishment of the church's purpose and vision.
- Provide pastoral leadership in the absence of the senior pastor at his request and fulfill necessary responsibilities associated with the senior pastor.
- Provide pastoral care and staff development for direct reports and ensure alignment of their initiatives with the mission and vision of the church.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and an authentic lifestyle consistent with that faith
- Personal sense of calling to the position of discipleship pastor.
- Agreement with the Evangelical Free Church of America Statement of Faith.
- Education and experience consistent with or complementary to the job description.
- Verifiable spiritual gifts and skills in administration, collaborative leadership, teaching, strategic thinking and team-building.
- Willingness to work hard and the discipline to rest, reflect, and renew.
- Willingness to be accountable and transparent within the established organizational structure and to delegate ministry responsibilities to qualified individuals in order to maximize ministry impact.
- Ability to work well with other staff and volunteer team members in a collaborative environment characterized by a loving, submissive and teachable attitude toward one another.
- Theology, philosophical and personal convictions compatible with the existing church leadership.
- Commitment to ongoing personal, professional and spiritual development.
- Commitment to regular worship attendance and participation in church-wide activities.
- Commitment to membership and participation in Crossroads Church with time, talent and treasure.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to Pastor Jeff Phelps. You may direct any questions to him at that email address as well.