The outreach pastor is called to church ministry, loves Jesus, loves people, and has a passion for evangelism, outreach and missions both personally and at the ministry level within a multi-generational congregation setting.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to relate and serve effectively within a multigenerational congregation setting.
- Exhibit evidence of Christian character and servant leadership in work environment as well as in home/family setting (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Pet 5:1-4).
- Give evidence of a spiritually balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship).
- Willingness to be mentored by lead pastor.
- Doctrinally aligned with EFCA Statement of Faith, doctrinal positions, mission and core values.
- Oversee outreach and youth ministries. Recruit, teach, train, spiritually support and effectively supervise volunteers.
- Be present on Sundays in the lobby area to greet attendees and visitors.
- Serve as the primary contact for visitors including follow up contact when requested.
- Collaborate with lead pastor and worship leader in vision casting.
- Opportunities to preach.
- Intentional about building relationships and community with congregation.
- Attend monthly elder board meetings as outreach pastor.
- Lead small group or Sunday school classes as needed.