Director of our Elementary Ministry. Leading & equipping volunteers in worship and bible teaching. Fostering strong relationships with parents in a partnership to lead children to Christ.
The NextGen Elementary Director will primarily be responsible for equipping and empowering a team of volunteer leaders to minister to kids in our Elementary Ministry. As a part of the NextGen Leadership team, the NextGen Elementary Director plays a role in vision, strategy, and implementation for all NextGen ministries (Early Childhood through Student Ministries). Time will be spent investing relationally with adults and teenagers who are helping kids and students fall in love with Jesus as they seek to build a healthy and growing elementary ministry volunteer team. They will coordinate the moving parts and resources needed for volunteer small group and large group leaders to invest in and engage kids in ways that are relevant to their stage of development and to partner with parents every step of the way. This is a full-time salaried position.
- A mature believer, a clear understanding of the gospel and ability to communicate it
- Deep commitment to spiritual integrity, moral purity and healthy relationships
- A teachable spirit with a responsive attitude and desire of continued growth, both spiritually and in the role
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading kids' ministry
- Minimum of 1-year experience leading paid staff and volunteers
- Cast the overall vision of Kids' Ministry and management of all areas within the ministry to align with the vision
- Oversee the curriculum of the large and small group ministry of children
- Recruit, equip, and empower volunteers for all areas of Kids' Ministry
- Semi-regularly teach large group bible study
- Pursue & develop relationships with Elementary parents to partner with them & equip them to minister in their homes
- Plan and execute special events throughout the year
- Oversee the elementary budget and calendar