Two Rivers Church is a multi-campus church of around 2,200 that is located in West Knoxville and Roane County, Tennessee. For the past 20 years, we have been reaching our community with the good news that our God of love is near and He wants to transform our lives! We believe that as God’s children we are called to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. We feel called to multiply ministries and leaders locally and globally, and this includes training residents to be the best pastors possible.
Our middle school ministry has more than 150 students regularly involved and is averaging 100 on a weekly basis at our Wednesday night gathering, The Mix. We have experienced substantial growth over the past several years and need a gifted female to add to our staff.
The purposes of the resident positions in student ministries at 2RC are:
- To train and equip those considering full-time vocational ministry for current and future Kingdom service
- To give those considering full-time vocational ministry a structured opportunity to experience student ministry first-hand and discern their own calling and giftedness
Residents will be accountable to and under the supervision of the middle school pastor.
Hours: 40-50 hours/week
Commitment: Two years
- Salary + Free housing provided
- Monthly stipend for health insurance
- One frisbee golf disc
- Unlimited supply of M&M’s
Start date: May 2020
Vacation: Two weeks of paid vacation during the year
Comp days: If you have worked a significant amount of extra hours in a week for various reasons (retreats, camps, etc.), then you will be allowed to have time off during the next week to compensate for the extra hours. Always check with your supervisor before taking Comp Days.
Sundays: Part of life in church ministry is working on Sundays! In order to give you an accurate picture of what it will be like if you go into church ministry, we ask that you attend church and volunteer on Sundays during service,
Job interviews: The nature of this residency is to train and send. Therefore we give you time off for your job/seminary interviews that may come about during the second half of the residency year.
Expenses: You will have access to a monthly budget to spend on ministry-related expenses (meals with students, games, recreation, etc.).
- Lead and/or participate in worship at MSM on Wednesday nights and on weekend services as needed
- Lead the effort in recruitment, training and nurture of student worship leaders
- Set up ongoing InFuse training that partner worship ministries with middle school ministry for coaching and mentoring
- Be actively involved in planning and leading camps, retreats, summer trips, activities and weekly programs
- Manage Planning Center Online, ProPresenter and social media on a weekly basis
- Help maintain and organize stage (mic cables, music stands, instruments, etc.)
- Help create videos that will enhance the teaching for our programs and other events
- Be actively involved in leading a small group and meet with students on a weekly basis
Weekly involvement in:
- Personal spiritual disciplines
- Set office time
- Personal and staff reading/discussion
- Weekend Worship service at 2RC
- The Mix, Wednesdays from 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Planned activities during the week
- Relational ministry to students
- Equipping/discipling student worship leaders
- Resident development process
- Active, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Completed four-year bachelor’s degree
- One to two years of volunteer experience in worship leading and/or instrumentalist in worship bands
- Must be regularly attending and serving at a church
- Must be faithfully showing leadership qualities as outlined in 1 Tim 3
How to apply
Please submit resume to email@example.com.