The purpose of this position is to focus on grades 6-8, building a team and ministry that will serve Jesus and the students of Five Oaks and the Woodbury area. The person in this position is expected to have a servant heart, with a desire to be and grow more like Christ, as well as help grow the leaders and students around them. This person must be highly relational and is dedicated to serving students and their families. They must also be able to work in a team environment. They must know, understand, live out and proclaim the gospel to students—being ready to provide a reason for hope at all times.
- Must be called and affirmed to vocational ministry.
- A disciple of Jesus- devoted to growing and becoming more like Christ.
- One to three years of ministry experience.
- A track record of faithful service in church or para-church ministry.
- Able to teach God’s word in small and large group settings.
- Must be able to work in a team and must be able to resolve conflicts with integrity.
- Must be a driven self-starter who can work in a variety of settings on a variety of projects.
- Time manager—understanding how to establish priorities.
- Strategic thinker—sensitive to the Holy Spirit in planning and executing.
- Self-aware—manages weaknesses and focuses on strengths.
- Create and cast vision for MS gatherings that are in line with the vision of Five Oaks and Five Oaks Students.
- Primary leader, vision caster and teacher for middle school gatherings.
- Program coordinator—helping student pastor make sure space is set up, clean and welcoming.
- Create a discipleship environment for MS students.
- Develop strategy to reach MS students in the community.
- Lead and develop events and outreach opportunities.
- Able to build relationships around the city of Woodbury, creating inroads to service and support.
- Equip and creatively engage volunteer leaders.
- Provide leadership with fitth grade transition with fifth grade nights working closely with kids director.
- Collaborate with family ministry team for transitions, milestones and family engagement.
- Be a part of staff meetings, family discipleship meetings and available on Sunday mornings to encourage and meet with kids and parents.
- Lead MS only events—fall event and spring districts.
- Lead summer camp and help lead summer programming.
- Worship leading ability is a plus.
How to apply
To apply, email email@example.com with resume and cover letter.