Cornerstone is a new church plant started in 2016. This is currently a part-time position (minimum 20 hours per week).
Position purpose: Provide pastoral leadership alongside the provisional leaders by carrying out the vision and mission statements of Cornerstone Church and the Evangelical Free Church of America.
Cornerstone Vision Statement: Cornerstone Church is led to glorify God by engaging in meaningful relationships with others through dependence on Jesus Christ. We are committed to being intentional by encouraging people to be part of the family of Christ through multiplying and equipping others to live out the gospel, following Jesus command to go forth and make disciples.
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." (1 Pet 2:9)
Cornerstone Mission Statement: We are a gathered people known by Christ, called to know Christ and to make Christ known to others.
Must exemplify the credentials stated in 1 Tim 3 as follows:
"The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?"
Principal responsibility #1 — Disciple and train up the body of the Christ — 30 percent
- Help facilitate team functions
- Share in the responsibility of developing new elders
- Assist in teaching and training of body
- Offer input into children’s ministry
- Ensure there is a connection process (contact card and follow up with church attendees)
- Be a resource for ministries, teaching/training as needed
- Assist in teaching classes, both discipleship and leadership
- Aid in the development of small group ministries and train others to lead as spiritual gifts are discerned
Principal responsibility #2 — Preaching — 25 percent
- Implement gospel-focused, Christ-centered teaching from a reformed perspective using expository preaching for the teaching ministry
- Be the primary voice in preaching and leading the church’s mission, but also willing to train and share in the role of preaching with appointed church elders
Principal responsibility #3 — Vision/planning and evangelism through community outreach — 20 percent
- Set a clear and compelling direction for the church
- Plan, recruit and actively engage in community activities in the surrounding areas pursuing the mission and vision statements of the church
Principal responsibility #4 — Missions and prayer — 15 percent
- Identify and train a team of people to pray for and help meet the needs of global missions
- Help facilitate a minimum of one mission trip per year
- Ensure the body of Christ is connected and has the opportunity to participate in prayer gatherings following Christ’s examples
Principal responsibility #5 — Pastoral duties — 10 percent
- Oversee pre-marriage counseling, conduct weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.
- Oversee budget process, general building use, policy and procedures, and be an equal voice in administrative processes
- Oversee and delegate leaders to conduct new member classes
How to apply
Please submit resume and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.