Two Rivers Church is a multi-campus church of 2,200 located in Knoxville, Tennessee. For the past 20 years, we have been reaching our community with the good news that our God’s love is near and He wants to transform our lives! We believe that as God’s children we are called to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. We feel called to multiply ministries and leaders locally and globally, and this includes training residents to be the best pastors possible.
Our high school ministry has over 150 students regularly involved and is averaging 100 on a weekly basis at our Wednesday night gathering, Fuel. We have experienced substantial growth over the past several years and need a gifted female to add to our staff.
The purposes of the resident positions in student ministries at 2RC are:
- To train and equip those considering full-time vocational ministry for current and future Kingdom service
- To give those considering full-time vocational ministry a structured opportunity to experience student ministry first-hand and discern their own calling and giftedness
- Resident will be ultimately accountable to and under the supervision of the student ministry pastor.
Hours: 40+ hours a week
Commitment: Two-year commitment
Compensation: Salary + housing provided; monthly stipend for health insurance
Start date: May 2020
Vacation: Two weeks of paid vacation during the year
Comp days: If you have worked a significant amount of extra hours in a week for various reasons (retreats, camps, etc.), then you will be allowed to have time off during the next week to compensate for the extra hours. Always check with your supervisor before taking comp Days.
Sundays: Part of life in church ministry is working on Sundays! In order to give you an accurate picture of what it will be like if you go into church ministry, we ask that you attend church and volunteer on Sundays during service
Job interviews: The nature of this internship is to train and send. Therefore, we give you time off for your job/seminary interviews that may come about during the second half of the residency year.
Expenses: You will have access to a monthly stipend to spend on ministry-related expenses (meals with students, games, recreation, etc.).
- Connect with students on a weekly basis
- Actively involved in planning and leading camps, retreats, activities and weekly programs; this may include making reservations, shopping, set-up, promotion, etc.
- Involved in planning and running summer mission trips
- Involved in staff meetings and resident training sessions
- Spend time in study, reading and preparation for events and training
- Assist in recruitment, training and nurturing of volunteers
- Actively involved in leading and equipping small groups
- Help with whatever ongoing administrative tasks might need to be done
- Have set office time each week to be available to assist student ministry staff
- Help in giving lessons and teaching on Wednesday nights
Weekly involvement in:
- Personal spiritual disciplines
- Set office time
- Personal and staff reading/discussion
- Weekend worship service at 2RC
- Fuel, Wednesdays 6pm-8:30pm
- Planned activities during the week
- Relational ministry to students
- Equipping ministry to adult volunteers
- Intern development process
- Active, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Completed four-year bachelor’s degree
- One to two years volunteer experience at a church, camp or other parachurch ministry focused on students
- Must be regularly attending and serving at a church
- Must be faithfully showing leadership qualities as outlined in 1 Tim 3
How to apply
Email your resume to email@example.com.