Harvest Evangelical Free Church welcomes the applications for a full-time family ministries coordinator position. Harvest is a community of about 150 people committed to authenticity, discipleship, mission and liturgy. With this position, we hope to support our young families, children and youth, which includes about 60 percent of our community.
The family ministries coordinator will work in close conjunction with the worship and discipleship ministries coordinator and report to elder board. He/she will oversee the discipleship of Harvest’s children and youth by coordinating a team of teachers, mentors, volunteers and staff. In addition, he/she will provide consistent and creative communication for Harvest across a variety of media outlets and support Harvest by coordinating other administrative responsibilities.
- Able to coordinate multiple programs with a variety of staff
- Able and willing to lead by example and service
- Enjoys working with children and youth
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and other relevant applications
- Experience using multiple media outlets for communication
- Able and willing to adapt to the changing needs of those being served
- Bachelor’s degree expected; master’s level training in relevant field preferred (precise degree may vary; examples: master’s in education, master’s in theology, master’s in Christian education, etc.)
- Attend board/staff meetings monthly
- Identify, equip, disciple and mentor volunteers/teachers in Harvest’s children and youth programs
- Identify and implement children and youth discipleship curriculum
- Oversee the scheduling of volunteers for children, youth and other events (e.g., The Caring People)
- Facilitate children and youth ministry reviews
- Equip parents to navigate the challenges of discipleship with children and youth
- Oversee the updating, implementation and education of children/youth protection policies for all volunteers
- Communicate with parents and the congregation through:
- Digital media: weekly announcement email, the website and social media
- Print media: brochures/bulletins/directories/ creating publications (e.g., Harvest Life, Lenten Reflections, etc.)
- Human resources and financial liaison
- Update church directory
- Maintain office/janitorial supplies
- Assist deacons with building maintenance with outside contractors
- Maintain facility calendar
How to apply
In order to apply for this position, please submit a resumé, cover letter and response to the following questions to Seth Leach at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have further questions about Harvest or this listing, you may contact Seth at (417) 230-6734.
Please answer the following questions on a separate piece of paper:
- Why would you like to serve at Harvest Evangelical Free Church as the Family Ministries Coordinator?
- Please compose a statement regarding your conversion to Jesus Christ.