The discipleship pastor oversees adult ministries at Faith Evangelical Free Church. Specifically, this position oversees the work of discipling adults toward maturity in following Christ. This encompasses three key areas: instruction, application and lay leadership development. The goal of this position (in order of importance) is to increase biblical knowledge in both depth and breadth, instruct and encourage in applying that truth to life so that people are built up in the faith and maturity in Christ, and finally to identify, develop, train and equip lay leaders to serve the body of Christ.
- Be a genuine believer in the Lord Jesus Christ while demonstrating a stable and growing faith with exemplary personal, marital, and family life.
- Seminary graduate with a Master of Divinity (or equivalent). Two or more years of pastoral experience is preferred.
- Affirm FEFC's Statement of Faith and Guiding Convictions.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate Scripture and biblical principles effectively through weekly teaching and preaching.
- Possess excellent leadership, public speaking/teaching, and interpersonal skills with a heart for discipling God’s people through Scripture.
- Be willing and able to work humbly in a team environment, and be able to adapt, be flexible, and willing to grow.
- Demonstrate an ability to recruit and work with volunteers, identify potential leaders, and effectively train and equip them to serve and lead.
- Able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage administrative and organizational issues.
- Fulfill the biblical qualifications of an elder.
Priority 1: Provide leadership and oversight for all adult discipleship ministries
Priority 2: Provide leadership and oversight of the process of discipleship from assimilation of new attendees to longtime members.
Priority 3: Administration
Priority 4: Provide pastoral care for the church family