GraceWay Church is a growing, active congregation a short drive from Madison, Wisconsin. The GraceWay Church director of youth ministry is responsible for oversight, administration and evaluation of youth programming that encourages students’ (sixth–12th grade) growth in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- An active, dedicated, mature Christian striving for excellence in life and ministry as evidenced by a pattern of integrity and a love for Christ, the gospel and the Scriptures.
- A deep love and passion for the youth of our church and community, and a practice of helping parents nurture their children’s faith in Jesus.
- If married or a parent, models God-honoring relationships with his/her spouse and/or children.
- Able to fully embrace the vision, values and statement of faith of GraceWay Church, and will participate as an active member in good standing.
- Self-motivated leadership with a proven ability to build a team by recruiting and developing volunteers and communicating vision to others.
- An energetic team player with strong people skills.
- Able to relate to junior high and high school students, and to mentor them to spiritual maturity and provide biblical advice and counsel.
- Good administrative, organization, communication and follow-through skills.
- A willingness to pursue biblical and theological training on-the-job (if not already completed before).
- Plan, prepare and execute with the help of adult volunteer staff all weekly large group gatherings of students (Sunday morning and mid-week programming) for teaching and relationship building for the purpose of student spiritual growth.
- Recruit and train adult volunteer staff to guide, lead and supervise the students.
- Organize and plan other activities (e.g., retreats, conferences, mission trips, etc.) as needed for spiritual growth, outreach, service, fellowship and worship.
- Facilitate communication between ministry volunteers, student participants, church family, staff and church leadership.
- Develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with ministry volunteers, student participants and parents/guardians.
- Recruit and disciple qualified students for leadership training, helping them to replicate a discipleship model with their peers.
- Oversee curriculum evaluation and selection process, ensuring use of doctrinally sound and age-appropriate materials. Coordinate with children’s ministry to achieve a cohesive curriculum with a vision for complete discipleship of individual youth and families.
- Administrate Child and Youth Protection Plan as it relates to youth ministry, including screening and training of all staff and volunteers who work with youth.
- Prepare annual financial budget for youth ministries with input from others and oversee all spending within this budget. Purchase (or delegate the purchase of) needed supplies and equipment.
- Collaborate with children’s and adult ministry leadership on efforts to equip parents.
- Participate in local and regional youth ministry networks.
- Network with various schools and parachurch ministries within our district and community.
- Manage transportation essentials (e.g., bus maintenance, insurance, and driver qualifications).
The director of youth ministry shall work under the supervision of the lead pastor or a supervisor designated by the lead pastor.
Part-time, approx. 20 hours per week. Work hours will include a combination of on-site hours (Sunday mornings, special events, staff meetings, regular office hours and other times as necessary) and off-site hours (meeting students and attending student activities, purchasing, work at home).
How to apply
Please submit a completed employment application together with a resumé to:
Pastor Bryan Brotherton – firstname.lastname@example.org
65 Thirteenth Street
Prairie du Sac, WI 53578