We are looking to hire a full-time director of student ministries in the coming months. The principal function of the director of student ministries is the ministry of equipping God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ will mature spiritually (Eph 4:11-13). The ministry of equipping is primarily a ministry of the Word, of prayer and of modeling the Christian life (Acts 6:4; 1 Tim 4:13; 2 Tim 3:16-17). The ministry of equipping is secondarily a ministry of leadership (Heb 13:7, 17) and management/oversight (Acts 20:28; 1 Tim 3:2; Titus 1:7) of the church’s ministries and spiritual life.
This director shall provide vision for the growth and development of our student ministries (sixth to 12th grade), work with other staff to develop and execute our Next Generation Ministries (birth to college), and provide other general support and duties for Ankeny Free Church as needed.
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves Jesus
- Is spiritually mature
- Works well with others
- Has a heart for students (and for all people)
- Is outgoing and energetic in nature
- Communicates the Word of God powerfully and with great discernment
- Connects with and equips parents
- Can build and maintain a team of volunteers
- Is an evangelist with great concern for the lost
- Is a proven disciplemaker who desires our students to meaningful service and gospel opportunities in our community and beyond
Maintain a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and love the people of Ankeny and AFC.
Develop and execute vibrant student ministries
- Provide leadership and theological reflection over all initiatives done by our student ministries
- Oversee all aspects of student ministries
- Develop workers and leaders for the youth
- Meaningfully equip and serve the families of our youth
- Work with other staff on student ministry initiatives and family development
Work with other staff and leaders in developing vibrant Next Generation Ministries
- Work with other staff and leaders by providing necessary leadership and theological reflection over initiatives done by our Next Generation Ministries
- Support Next Generation Ministry initiatives
- Assist families as their children transition through our various ministries
- Preach as needed on Sunday Mornings, for funerals, weddings and other services
- Shepherd and equip those in the church along with other staff and leaders
- Participate meaningfully in all church initiatives, staff meetings and in prayer
- Work to see Reach, Build, Serve initiatives flourish throughout AFC
How to apply
If this sounds like you, email me, Todd Hessel, lead pastor.
We are excited about what the Lord has in store for Ankeny Free!