Parkview Church is seeking a Director of Operations to oversee Parkview's business and financial administrative functions. This position will lead in organizing, evaluating and overseeing financial management, personnel management, asset and facility management, and general business management of the church as a non-profit organization. This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits.
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and effectively model a Christian Lifestyle
- Serve as an example of a Biblical servant in the performance of all duties
- Candidate must ensure that their actions reflect honorably on Christ and the Church
- Agreement with the Parkview Church Statement of Faith and mission & vision statements
- Must become a member of the Iowa City Parkview Evangelical Free Church
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years’ experience in receivables/payables transactions and supervisory roles. Preference given to comparable non-profit supervisory roles
- Financial Statement and Budgeting analysis experience
- Familiarity with G Suite, QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality and discretion in attender giving records
- Supervising the day to day activities of the Finance Department
- Developing, implementing and maintaining fiscal policies and procedures as recommended by Lead Pastor, Finance Committee and Elder Board
- Work with leadership to ensure that an efficient and accurate plan of financial record keeping, reporting and internal control is established and maintained
- Work with leadership in assuming responsibility for compiling, developing, and presenting the annual budget to the Elder Board for approval and presentation to the church
- Work with the various professional staff members, departments and committees to ensure that all budget concerns are addressed and resolved while keeping all individuals apprised of relevant budgetary considerations
- Work with finance administrative staff to ensure timely payment of all invoices, check requests, employee reimbursement and other payables
- Work with finance administrative staff to process incoming gifts by check, credit card, and EFT and reconcile giving records
- Ensure all capital equipment of the church is inventoried on a regular and systematic basis
- Supervising the day to day activities of the Personnel and Administration department
- Work with leadership in administering the hiring and disciplining processes, assisting department heads in both processes
- Oversee the volunteer screening process
- Work with leadership to ensure implementation and maintenance of effective written personnel policies and procedures to facilitate personnel management; serving as the principal spokesperson for personnel policy and procedural interpretation to the staff and church. Ensure the personnel policies and procedures are uniformly administered; conducting a periodic review of personnel policies and procedures to ensure workability, legality and appropriateness. Make recommendations for changes to personnel policies, procedures and staff benefits.
- Work closely with health & benefits insurance broker, pension funds and other benefit providers to administer benefit packages to support staff members in their ministries.
- Ensure internal/external pay and benefit equity within the salary administration plan under the direction of leadership; evaluating appropriate salary and benefit data to establish salary ranges, benefit plans.
- Under leadership oversight - plan, organize, administrate and evaluate a comprehensive program of risk management in the church, evaluating potential risk and overseeing the daily administration of all insurance programs of the church (property and casualty).
- Lead the appropriate areas of the church to establish and maintain proper compliance with the laws of the land (including code from the IRS, Health Department, DHS, Fire Department, EEOC, etc.) by consulting with the attorneys, establishing policies and procedures, and training of staff and the church in compliance requirements/issues.
- Oversight of asset and facilities management and supervising the building & grounds facility staff. Such oversight includes Pepperwood Plaza properties management, maintenance and leasing.
- Oversight of administrative team in the Central office of the church within indirect responsibility for administrative staff at all campuses
- Participation in staff meetings, as a critical member of the overall mission of the church, is required
- Be available to perform such other duties as may from time to time be assigned
- Serve as Parkview Treasurer and attend Elder meetings as required
- Understand a Director level position is often seen as a “Pastor” to their direct staff reports and volunteers
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Emily Kacmarynski at firstname.lastname@example.org before January 15, 2021